Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Favorite "Presidents"

Every week, I hold meetings with our residents so that they can voice their complaints and thirty-seven cents. At our last meeting, I asked them if they had thought about who their favorite Presidents were. J, a really sweet man, gave the following response: "You know, I really do. I like that Barbara Bush. And the other. Margaret Thatcher." After biting my lip and suppressing an urge to say anything sarcastic, I asked why he picked Margaret Thatcher. He said: "That's my wife, Margaret. Oh, I love her so much."

With that firm conviction exposed, he smiled broadly and everyone else looked at him with considerable interest. Hoping to avoid further revelations, I moved the meeting along. Everyday is so different while working with my folks...I really can't complain about being bored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home