Friday, July 08, 2005

New York City, Madrid, and now London...

It was with great shock when my wife and I learned about the London Underground and bus attacks yesterday morning. After the shock wore off, there came upon me a feeling of wretched disgust and pity for the victims, and an unholy yearning for the worst kind of torture and suffering for the perpetrators of such a heinous butchering of innoncent lives. I am also angry at the United States for having wasted so much of its resources fighting in Iraq when those same billions of dollars could have been invested in tracking down the Al-Queda network that brought down the World Trade Center. If I could send forth a murderous spirit to do my bidding, I would most like to inflict a terrible agony not only upon those terrorists responsible for the attack, but also upon their very souls. In some place beyond death, they should have pieces of their eternal spirit torn and healed again so that they can be ripped apart again.

I can understand their political aim, but I refuse to accept that innocent lives must be part of their bargain. As the Israelis did in tracking down the killers of their 1972 Olympic athletes without rest or distraction, so too must the West bring down unmerciful justice upon the fundamentalist Islamists. If only America could be better at it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home