Thursday, June 30, 2005

July Fourth Weekend Wish (or Do?) List

With the arrival of the anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence and celebration of our country's birth... oh, no one outside of the military really cares about what July Fourth means, anyway, except for the extra day we get to have off and the free pass to overeat, drink, and be lazy. So what's on my wish list of things to do? Well, because I'm taking Friday off, I'll actually have a four day weekend. Woohoo! Read on and be jealous of what I hope to accomplish, suckers...

1. Sleep in.
2. Spend 13 hours watching the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
3. Finish reading The Iliad (Damn Zeus and his meddling!)
4. Go watch Batman Begins.
5. Play the lottery and win 70 million dollars.
6. Hang out with some friends and play cards.

Unfortunately, good timing has not been my best friend these days. This is what I'll probably end up doing:

1. Take my mother-in-law tile shopping. From one shop to another to another in search of the perfect color.
2. Talk to mom and getting a guilt trip for not visiting her.
3. Cut the grass.
4. Do grocery shopping.
5. Balance my checkbook.
6. Watch movies on the WE, Lifetime and Oxygen channels because someone will have hijacked the remote.

I'll consider the weekend a success if I can just do one out of the six things from the wish list. And actually, taking mom-in-law tile shopping isn't as bad as it sounds. Perhaps I've watched too many home improvement shows, but I want to make sure she chooses the right tile. I hope we find it before we run out of tile places.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home