Friday, July 01, 2005

July Fourth Weekend Wish (Do?) List update

Okay, I can now cross off tile work. This morning, I drove my mother-in-law around and found a store that had a tile she liked. While she selected, I was forced to circle block after block in search of parking. Damn this city! Curse alternate side of the street parking and all the fire hydrants... Afterwards, we drove to Home Depot and Lowe's to find another piece for her kitchen project: a ceiling light. That done, I dropped her back at her home and I was finally able to relax somewhat at my own home, watching two episodes of Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I had toyed with the idea of watching LOTR: Fellowship of the Ring, but I didn't have enough time: had to make dinner and finish up some other chores.

So with three days left on my break, I plan to sleep in tomorrow and make waffles in the morning. Yup. Then we'll go to help my mother-in-law with some more kitchen work. Pretty exciting stuff. If my wife takes a nap, perhaps I'll slip in a movie that I want to watch in the afternoon...

I wish we were going to have a more interesting summer to report. Last year, we went to Cape Cod with some friends. I miss the beaches, strangely enough. I'd never liked them but I grew to enjoy the sand, the mind numbingly cold Atlantic waters, and just the breeze that comes in from the waters. I could just lose myself watching the colors change over the horizon. We won't be going back there this year, unfortunately. Maybe next year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home