Thursday, June 16, 2005

A special place in hell for dog owners...or there should be!

I'm not sure if this problem is unique to my neighborhood, but I find that dog owners seem to have little regard for the waste that their beloved pets leave behind on the sidewalk. For example, just yesterday afternoon, while walking back home from work, I encountered a middle-aged woman walking her dog on a leash followed by her son. As they were approaching me, I tried to bear right to walk around them. However, the dog intercepted me and forced me to stop. It then began pissing no less than six inches from me. Furious, I waited for the woman to apologize. Instead, she had turned her head to talk to her child.

What I wanted to say was: "Fuck you and your fucking dog, you fucking piece of self-important dog owner. I hope Ares kills your entire family before your eyes, maybe like in a flaming car crash."

What I said was: Nothing. I didn't want to embarass myself in front of a little kid. He should never have to see a stranger yell at his mother.

What I want to do: Pour antifreeze around the neighborhood and hope the stupid dog laps it up and dies in her arms.

What I will actually do: Glare at dog owners and wish them terrible, painful death.

My wife tells me that it's not the fault of the dogs. That the dog owners are just selfish people who don't care that when their dogs leave crap around the neighborhood, people actually step on it and find it a miserable time dealing with the crap that's stuck between the grooves in their shoes. That's why I don't care about whether or not there are dog runs in the city. Remove them all, I say. And force dog owners to take classes on how to manage their pets in a public environment so that they can get a "dog owner's" license. Dogs aren't people, people. They're domesticated animals with instinct and need to be supervised.

Whew! That's some crank blog...

1 Comments:

Blogger wordforge said...

It's not just in your neighborhood. In response to the dog feces problem around the complex, Lindsay Park is going to institute a policy that requires all dog owners to register their animals with the management office. Security has also been ordered to be more vigilant in observing dog owners as they walk their pets. Any offenders will be fined and if their dog is not registered, it will be forced to leave the property immediately or the tenant faces eviction.

Who would of thought that I would have found myself living in the middle of a "dog" police state.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home