Thursday, October 13, 2005

Happy Birthday to me...soon!

With my birthday coming up soon, I have made a list of wishes below that might come true if I can manage to blow out every single candle on my cake. In all honesty, I have always been ambivalent about celebrating my birthday. Perhaps it's because it just embarasses me when my family makes a fuss about where to go and what to do. On the other hand, it's nice to know that people care, I guess.

1. I hope that our little fetus continues to be healthy and grows up to be a happy baby. That seems pretty obvious, doesn't it? But not every parent wishes that, unfortunately... just open up any paper to read how terrible people can be.
2. I'd like to continue looking at least five to seven years younger than my actual age. This makes me just as vain as any normal person. Look at me, I'm average!
3. I wish that on the actual anniversary of my birthday, the sun is shiny and the weather is cool, not too humid, and the wind blows fresh. I'm actually a pretty easy person to satisfy.
4. I'd like to get something off my Amazon wish list. Okay, so I can be a little greedy. But see #2 above on me being an average person.
5. I'd like the American people to realize what a nut Pres. Bush really is. Hey, look at the approval ratings from the latest ABC News/Wall Street Journal poll... only 36% feel he's doing a good job. I guess dreams can come true!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Re: no 3- methinks perhaps you are asking a bit much for the wind to blow fresh in NYC. Perhaps you should come up to Boston...

- sean

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home