Monday, August 22, 2005

We are Turbo Cranium Champions!

Yesterday afternoon, my wife and I squared off against two other couples in a game of Turbo Cranium, a boardgame where you move your game piece around the board and try to answer questions from a variety of categories. Some categories required that you perform an action or draw an image and in turn, your teammate was required to guess what the answer was. Andrew and Heather, the host of Sunday's game afternoon, were in the lead but we managed to come from behind and win! Mike and Maria, the third couple, came in last. But to be fair, they did get some tough questions and charade-type assignments that were hard to guess.

We've tried different games in the past: Trivial Pursuit, Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit, Buffy the Vampire Slayer Boardgame, Clue, poker, Scene it, Monoply, a Western shootout card game named Bang! But Cranium seems to be the most fun so far. We always laugh really hard when we watch one other guessing what the ridiculous doodle must look like.

When I was younger, I used to play D&D and all sorts of other RPGs. However, with time so short and life a bit more stressful, I like being able to play a simple boardgame that's fun, not too cutthroat, and requires little or no preparation to set up.

I'm afraid my RPG days are far behind me.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say it ain't so, Alan! I thought we were having kids to put together a RPG group...

- Sean

6:10 AM  
Blogger Alan said...

Strangely, that's what Luis also said to be a couple of weeks ago. I find this very disturbing... Of course, they won't be able to understand what goes on until at least age 10. That will give me enough time to locate all my old D&D modules...

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home