Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Baby names, hopes and dreams... of world conquest!

It was terribly fun to post nearly every day, working for my pittance of recognition and self-worth. Then came the heat, the work at work, and a weekend visit with dear wifey to my sister and brother-in-law. I also missed Friday's Battlestar Galactica because I was just too tired to watch! Argh! That's okay, though. I taped it.

But now I've a few minutes to spare. To plot. To take over the world... through our soon to be born child. Hopefully sometime in February of 2006. Actual global domination might not occur until sometime after his or her 21st birthday, or 8th if possessed by Satan.

First, I've got to come up with a name. As with most couples, disagreements can break out over what to name a child. I came up with a fair way to decide, which my wife agreed to in between rolling her eyes. Here are the details: we come up with 10 names apiece for both a boy and a girl. We get to strike 5 names from each list without giving a reason. This leaves us having to fight over only 5 boy and girl names each.

My list of boy names include the following:
Alexander
Andrew
Arthur Wellesley
Bruce
Eric
Hamilton
Joshua
Montgomery
Morgan
Oliver

I shall list girl names tomorrow.

Genghis and Kublai were offered by my brother in law. They might make cooler middle names.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Choking game" proves fatal to kids
When I heard a few months ago about kids holding their breaths to "pass out", I didn't consider it that big of a deal.

Hi, you have a great blog. I'm definitely going to bookmark it.

My Site is a home owner loan uk related page.

Check it out if you get some time.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Alan said...

I've checked out baby names online at http://www.ssa.gov where you can find out which names are the most popular and where a particular name falls on the list. It's interesting how certain names fall out of favor and how some just never caught on, like Alan...

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think That the two of you should (if you have a boy) name him Simon. Trust me it fits.

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home